Friday, January 30, 2009

Pewter Cocktails

I really love how these colors work together, yet are really non-traditional chicken colors! The background is Crate Paper, and then I added some Basic Gray and Soft Sky cardstock. The roosters were colored with copics, with a little glitter added to their cocktail glasses. I stitched the image to its fram as well as framed the background. The jumbo brads appear to go through the whole card, but they are only through the top layer leaving a space to hide the ribbon ends. A little pewter hodgepodge and these funky chickens are *almost* classy!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hi Cher.
Love your blog and your work.
Your stamp book is a great idea, but my favourite has got to be those monkeys in the umbrella.
Love Angie..xx..

Stephanie said...

Hi Cher,

Just came over to check out your blog after reading your great post on the Copic Chatter thread at SCS.

Wow!! What great work! I love your stamp inventory (I need to do that, especially now that I'm joining a regular stamping group) and all of your Whipper Snapper cards. I've been 'chicking' out the images for a week or so, and you've persuaded me to get some.

Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to seeing some more of your awesome work!

Denise said...

So cute! Love the color combo.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Too cute - love the colors in this.