Friday, January 9, 2009

Copic & Ribbon Storage


I have had a few questions about how I store my ribbon and my Copic markers, so I have added a close-up of this little space. (Click on the photo for a larger version.) The black storage compartments are actually 3 separate Quickutz Magpie Storage units. This photo shows one of them, all three are mounted to the wall together to look like one piece. Under that I strung an Ikea curtain wire, and all of the ribbons hang from clips. This works great, since I can pull out any strand of ribbon to lay across my project to decide if it will work. There is no time spent unrolling and rolling it back up if I change my mind. Right now I have about 150 Copics in this unit, and there is room for about 50 more, but they are difficult to pull out when it gets crowded, so maybe this will prevent me from adding to my collection! I hope?

2 comments:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Cher - thank you for sharing this - I have been trying to figure out a way to store my ribbon and just love this idea. I have just started using Copics, so this will be perfect for my growing collection. Thank you so much. Have a great weekend !!

blah said...

I love your set up! Of course, what I'd do when it got too crowded was buy another unit to hold your markers in :-) I use the plastic Sketch marker storage container that Copic makes so I currently have room for 144 and I'm not full yet.

Thanks for sharing!