Friday, December 5, 2008

Dazzling Snowman


This isn't my latest project, but it is by far one of my favorites. I love red, expecially deep dark rustic red, and I love snowmen...so what could be more fun than this?? The images are Papertrey Ink's Made From Snow set. I stamped the snowman, colored him, and cut him out. Then I covered him in Dazzling Diamonds. I then stamped the hat and scarf on scraps of the background paper, and cut them out. The sentiment is cut, embossed and framed in red scallops with a slightly distressed edge. Cranberry and Silver Ribbons tie the card together, with a few snowflakes punched from the background paper added with glazed brads to balance out the bottom left corner. Then I stamped the envelope with cranberry ink to coordinate with the whole card!

3 comments:

veronica said...

congrats on new blog. your first card looks great.
i saw your link on the fulfill your wish thread on scs.

Emily said...

Your card looks beautiful! Congratulation on the new blog!

PixieHouse Creations said...

Love your card i agree what you say about the colours
look forward to seeing more on your blog

Wendy x